Tuesday, January 26, 2016

My Message to Hip Hop Rappers and Upcoming Artist





   A messsage to artist and consumers of Hip Hop. I went to my sisters house today and she was listening to this 50 Cent song called "Rowdy Rowdy". Immediately I started screaming "somebody done shot the block up son word? He had the same thing you had on son, word? I know you did it so get the fuck out of here you heard I run with niggaz that will spray strip and stay there and shit." It immediately brought back this euphoric feeling. My sister started playing different records she knew I loved from "hate it or love it" "21 questions" "P.I.M.P" "If I ruled the world" its brought back so many memories. Growing up is South jamaica Queens I pretty much was involved in every dysfunctional act you could possibly be apart of. The beauty of being from the qoute on qoute hood was music. Music was our outlet, music became mental therapy for the hood. As she played different songs it dawned on me that Hip Hop has dramatically changed. Now don't get me wrong I love Drake, I love Future I love The Troy Aves of the world, and the Manolo Roses. I just remember a Hip Hip that spoke on subjects that could be related to universally. Right now Hip Hop caters to rich white kids that are growing up in the suburbs. Which I believe is cool Hip Hop is the most influential culture in the universe. I just believe Hip Hop needs to go in the direction of balance. Every body in the world is not partying and wealthy. I'm not saying that I want to hear 40 songs about police brutality either but I miss songs that touched on an assortment of topics, and gave a multitude of opinions and views. I remember as a kid playing basketball at the park at P.S. 176 in Cambria Heights Queens. My friend Carlton brought out the boom box while we was playing basketball. I immediately heard, "If I ruled the world Imagine that, I free all my sons I love love em baby! I didn't say anything but in my mind I said what the hell is that? I didn't know what is was but I knew I wanted to be a part of it. So new artist nothings wrong with turning up and going into clubs seeing its lit. But where are the songs about politics, where are the songs about your views on the current state of affairs. You have people that have made songs about police brutality but there not resonating with the consumer because more than likely the artist is not being sincere. There making the song because it is trendy so you should't just talk about something because it sounds cool. I just would love for more artist to make songs of more substance. The reason why you can get a 80's baby or early 90's baby in the room and play G-Unit, Dipset, D-Block, Nas, Jay-Z, Wu-Tang, Dmx, 2pac, Biggie Smalls, Lauryn Hill etc. Is because these artist brought a certain energy and feeling with there music. As soon as you hear any of there records you start to transcend time. We need more feel good records that can change peoples lives and give people different perspectives on life. There is millions of concerns in the world and I believe it is time for us to start creating a dialogue.

Listen to the first ever rap song I listened to below


No comments:

Post a Comment